Crispy Christmas Treats
By Synnøve Helset
- 100 g chocolate (50 g white and 50 g dark)
- 25 g coconut fat/oil
- 4-5 dl regular rice krispies
- Melt coconut fat/oil in a casserole
- Remove casserole form heat
- Add the chocolate and stir a little until completely melted
- Add rice krispies and stir until all krispies are covered in chocolate
- Spread out on a tray
- Leave in refrigerator until hard
- Cut into cubes and eat
By Kamaljeet Kaur
Carrot Pudding Dessert (known as Carrot Kheer in India) is a rich and creamy sweetened dessert recipe made with grated carrots and full cream milk. Kheer recipes are favorite recipes for many Indians and are made for various occasions & celebrations.
- Ghee/Clarified butter: 1 tbsp
- Grated carrots: 1
- Full cream milk: 4 cup
- Sugar: 1/4 cup
- Almonds: 7-8
- Cashews: 10
- Raisins: 2 tbsp
- Cardamom powder: 1/4 cup
- Firstly, in a large sauce pan heat 1 tbsp ghee
- Add the grated carrots 1.5 cup and sauté till it become tender (approx. 5 minute)
- Now, add 4 cup milk and get the milk to boil on the medium flame.
- Stir occasionally and boil the milk for approx. 10 minute or until the milk thickens.
- Add 1/4 cup sugar and stir well.
- Continue to boil for 10 mints, or until milk thickens and turn creamy.
- Add 1/4 tsp cardamom powder, dry fruits and mix well.
- Finally, serve carrot kheer chilled or hot with your love ones.
Cracked Wheat Pudding
By Ameya Joshi-Khati
- 1 cup broken wheat (Daliya/cracked wheat)
- 3 tbsp Ghee
- 2 tbsp rice, soaked in water for 30 minutes
- 3/4 to 1 cup jaggery, grated
- 3 tbsp fresh coconut, grated
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- Pinch of saffron strands
- 2 tbsp cashews, almonds or any other nuts of your choice
- 2 cups milk
- Silvered almonds, pista or cashews for garnish
- Heat ghee in saucepan.
- Add the cashew, almonds and any other nuts. Sauté for one minute and take out the nuts onto a plate.
- In the same pan, add cracked wheat. Stir and roast until you get the distinct aroma.
- Take it off the heat. Cool slightly and pressure cook the cracked wheat and rice with 2.5 to 3 cups of water until it becomes soft, about 3 whistles and 10 minutes on sim.
- In the saucepan, add cracked wheat, coconut and jaggery, and heat this mixture until the jaggery dissolves. Add some water if required.
- Add the saffron and nutmeg to the milk.
- Add the milk and nuts to the kheer and cook for a few minutes.
- Serve the whole cracked wheat pudding hot or cold garnished with silvered nuts.